Mentatul Monthly Focus
March 2019 Edition
– Energy –
Fusion is the holy grail of energy generation. It’s clean and the necessary fuel, hydrogen, is literally everywhere. Unfortunately, replicating the Sun’s mastery of fusion isn’t exactly a piece of cake.
1. The largest investment our species has banked on fusion is using a technology called tokamak. Unfortunately, the experiment called ITER is not doing very well.
2. Can we get lucky with the other type of fusion reactor, the stellarator? There’s good news about Wendelstein 7-X.
3. How can supercomputing help us?
4. Is clean(er) fission energy possible? Is Thorium worth it?
5. Renewable energy trends for 2019.